- The Georgia Marketing Summit, Atlanta, GA, February 1, 2018
- The Social Shake-Up, Atlanta, GA ,May 7-9, 2018
- TALK 360: The WOMMA Summit, New York, NY, April 27
- Association of National Advertisers Digital & Social Committee Meeting, Atlanta, GA, March 17
- Georgia Marketing Summit, Atlanta, GA, February 15, 2017
- Masterclassing: Digital Marketing Masterclass, Atlanta, GA, January 25, 2017
Lauren Thomas is a social media speaker and strategist.
She has presented at associations, conferences, businesses and universities including:
Using Live Video to Build Your Brand
Live video is a key trend in digital marketing. If you’re looking for a new way to build your business and connect with your audience, this is a powerful tool to include in your marketing arsenal. This presentation provides examples and best practices for creating live video content that encourages your audience to tune in. Audiences will walk away understanding the following:
- Go Live: Get the inside scoop on simple tools and tips for producing high-quality video content.
- Amplify the Action: Learn best practices for turning one live video into multiple pieces of content so that you can increase your ROI on content creation.
- Story Sparkers: What should you talk about in your live video? We’ll explore ideas for video topics so that you’ll walk away with some thought starters for your own live video.
Every modern professional should have an active presence on LinkedIn. As the largest professional social network in the world, LinkedIn provides a tremendous opportunity to build your network — and your net worth. Audiences will walk away understanding the following:
- Take a stand for your brand: Learn to create a profile that stands out from the crowd.
- Build your network: Increase your connections to attract new opportunities.
- Nix the nonsense: We’ll help you understand the secret to sharing content that positions you as a thought leader in your field.
Strategic Social Media: How to Leverage Social Media to Build Your Brand and Bottom Line
These days, social media is a key component for any successful marketing campaign, whether you’re promoting a business or your personal brand. This presentation provides tools, tips and best practices for creating social media content that attracts and engages a tribe. Audiences will walk away understanding the following:
- Shiny Object Syndrome: It’s tempting to jump onto every new social media bandwagon but doing so can dilute your marketing message and deplete your resources. You’ll learn a rule of thumb for knowing how to decide which new social networks to join and when to wait.
- Brand Mastery: Branding is a key element to building awareness and attracting customers. Learn tips for establishing verbal and visual guidelines that create a consistent brand presence.
- Content Creation: Learn how to use the “3 C’s” to develop a steady stream of content for your social media channels.
Launching Brand YOU
The old-school approach to building a career doesn’t work in today’s digital world. We all need to understand and apply the basics of branding to stand out from the crowd. In this highly energetic and engaging talk, audiences will learn:
- How to identify your personal brand
- How to leverage social media to attract your audience and magnify your message
- How to build relationships that lead to new professional opportunities
Food Blog Forum
Past Speaking Engagements
Seen on stages at:
- TALK 360: The WOMMA Summit Panelist, Multicultural Marketing is Mainstream Marketing
- Association of National Advertisers Digital & Social Committee Meeting Presenter, Video Marketing Case Study
- Georgia Marketing Summit Panel Moderator: Social Media Strategies
- Masterclassing: Digital Marketing Masterclass Brand Keynote Speaker
- Atlanta Women’s Network Presenter, Social Media Trends for 2017
- Atlanta Association of Black Journalists Panelist: Digital Media Workshop
- Blogalicious Weekend 2016 Presenter: Partnerships and Paychecks: How bloggers, brands and agencies can connect for shared success
- IZEAFest Panelist: Ethics, Disclosure and Best Practices
- SouthWiRED Presenter: The Rise of the Beautiful Web: How to Build Your Brand with Visal Social Media
- Social Media Club Atlanta, 3rd Annual Pecha Kucha Night Presenter, The Evolution of the Visual Web
- Digital Sherpa Webinar Series Co-Presenter, Increasing Fan Engagement Through Social Promotions Presenter, Optimizing and Maximizing Your Facebook Brand Page in 5 Easy Steps
- City of East Point’s Access 2 Success Business Seminar Series Presenter, Social Media 101
- Digital Atlanta 2012 Co-Presenter, Crowdfunding 101: Show Me the Money!
- Women Interactive Creative Technology Festival Conference Curator and Panel Moderator for Blogging: How to Get Started, How to Get Paid
- State Education Editors Conference, Chicago Presenter, The New Wave of Social Media & Social Media 101
- BarkWorld Expo Co-Moderator, Blogger & Brand “Speed Dating” Session
- Digital Atlanta Breakout Discussion Leader, Nonprofit Digital Strategy Forum
- Food Blog Forum Panelist, Blogger Best Practices for Working with Media Outlets and Brands
- Social Media Atlanta: Non-Profit Day Break-out Discussion Leader, Blogging and Content Creation
- Digitini ATL Co-Host, Celebrating Atlanta’s diversity of women in social media
- Georgia State University Co-Presenter, Social Media Overview for an Undergraduate Marketing Class